1. Log in via https://rb.whitespark.ca/
2. Select the business you want
3. Click Requests > TextBack
4. Click the Activate TextBack toggle to ON to activate TextBack.
5. Beside Your selected country, select the country where your business is located. Beside Your area code, set the your local area code. Beside Your selected phone number, click edit and select the number you'd like to use from the list.
Under Keywords, "feedback" is the default keyword users must text to your selected number to initiate the feedback process. If you wish to remove ‘feedback’, uncheck the box. Click + Add keyword to add desired keyword triggers. Keywords can be texted as a single word or as part of a phrase or sentence to activate auto-reply. You can add multiple keywords and any one will trigger TextBack.
6. Under Auto-Reply Message, you can edit your auto-reply message. The message is sent to the customer after they text a selected keyword(s) to your TextBack number. You can use up to 128 characters maximum for your message.
7. After completing your edits, review your TextBack settings in the sample image on the right and click SAVE Settings at the bottom of the page. You’re all set to start using TextBack with your customers!
- If you have SMS enabled, your TextBack number will be set to the same number for SMS. If you edit the TextBack number, you will also change the SMS sender number for this location.
- For businesses in the United States, you can promote your selected number with or without the (1) in front.
- Please be aware that using emojis or longer auto-reply messages may cause your content to separate, depending on cellular providers.
User-Activated Reviews & Feedback Via Text
While the Reputation Builder has provided outbound SMS messages to request reviews from known customers who have provided their phone numbers as part of their customer profiles, TextBack is very different. TextBack is an invitation to customers to initiate the feedback process and share their experience via text from their phone.
We live in a world where communicating via text has become the norm. A recent study by ZipWhip found that 71% of 30 to 44-year-olds and 65% of 18 to 29-year-olds, said they would text a business more frequently if the opportunity was available.
TextBack offers your customers real-time entry into the review process via their mobile device by simply providing a “keyword” and phone number.
A customer sees the invitation in-store (receipt, poster, table card at checkout, flyer, signage) and takes action by sending a “keyword” text (default – “feedback” – but it can be customized) to your designated TextBack number. Then, Reputation Builder auto-replies with a text message giving your customer easy access to the feedback and review process.
Why Text Is A Successful Way To Get Customer Feedback & Reviews
The average person checks their phone every 12 minutes, and puts about 4+hours of screen time in daily. Through connecting via TextBack you can increase engagement in your feedback and review request process.
Make Your Feedback Process Whole With TextBack
Where other solutions fail, TextBack succeeds. No email? No phone number? No problem. TextBack works around these barriers, and provides a way for your business to connect with new or “unknown” customers. It creates an opportunity at any stage to connect with your customers. Here are just some of the ways you can display your TextBack number and invite your customers to share their experience.
- The waiting area
- Table Tents
- At the register or checkout
- Window decals
- Paper receipts
- Email confirmations and receipts
- Post cards/promotions
Marketing & Business Materials
- Business cards
- Product brochures
- Email Signatures
- Appointment reminders or follow ups
Want More Customer Information? Use TextBack to Capture Customer Emails & Mobile Numbers
If you’re in an industry where it’s challenging to build your customer list then TextBack is the perfect sidekick to help develop your list and enable future communication. Get creative and display your TextBack number across different channels and effortlessly capture customer information.