The Review Widget is the new and improved Testimonials Widget, and can now display both 1st and 3rd Party reviews left by your customers. Displaying customer ratings and 1st-party reviews (testimonials) on your website provides you with a big marketing advantage. Combined with 3rd party reviews from your online review sites, like Google and Facebook, your business can gain additional credibility.
The Review Widget allows you to select what types of reviews you want to display.
- 1st-party Reviews only: The classic view. Your widget will display 1st-party reviews (testimonials), marked up with review schema to try and obtain stars in the search results.
- 1st-party & 3rd-party Reviews: This option lets you display all of your reviews together. See your 1st party reviews (testimonials) mixed in with your 3rd-party reviews (Google, Facebook, etc.) in order by date. The widget will also display filters to a customer viewing your website, in case they want to only view one review site’s reviews. It’s important to note that ONLY your 1st-party reviews are marked up with review schema, so 3rd party reviews will not be part of the totals and rating displays (to stay within Google’s guidelines for schema).
- 3rd-party Reviews only: You can now display all of your reviews from your online review sites (excluding Yelp). This version of the widget does NOT include review schema (it’s against Google’s schema guidelines). The review total and rating average are only from your 3rd-party reviews.
Tip! The above guidelines for 3rd part reviews come from Google’s guidelines on review schema. You can’t apply schema to 3rd-party reviews, as they are already marked-up on the sites they originated from.
In addition, we've added refined options to manage the review content that appears, and the overall appearance of the widget itself, such as:
- Auto display of 1st-party reviews: Automatically display content in your widget if it’s above the rating setting. (You still have individually control from your Customer Dashboard or Profile too).
- Auto display of 3rd-party reviews: Automatically display reviews in your widget if it’s above the rating setting.
- Number of reviews to show per page: This controls the pagination of how many reviews appear before creating a 2nd page (or more) in the widget). Setting it to “7” will show seven reviews in the widget before generating a new page in the widget.
- Widget placement: You need to enter the URL of the page where you have placed the review widget. This is needed for Google schema guidelines, especially if you are going to use our Badge Widget or create Tag Widgets. You will also set the text that the link displays for the Badge or Tag Widget by completing the Link Anchor Text field (or using our default of “View Reviews”).