Getting Started With Request Modes
Request Modes allows you to customize your feedback flow and find the best fit for your business. Choose from three different modes:
- Ultimate Mode - Full customer experience data with NPS, surveys (optional), feedback, testimonials and reviews. (3 steps)
- Review Mode - A lightweight path to NPS and reviews. (2 Steps)
- Direct Mode - Directly ask for online reviews and feedback from your customers (skip NPS and survey questions). (1 Step)
Once you choose your ideal mode, you can customize your templates to connect with your customers and gain insightful feedback.
Click Requests > Request Modes to change your mode. Once your mode is selected, you will be able to see and edit your email and landing page templates.
Primary Focus: Complete customer experience data capture with Net Promoter Score, survey questions and 1st-party reviews (testimonials).
Secondary Focus: Generate 3rd-party reviews on sites like Google, Facebook, etc.
Ultimate Mode is a three-step process for your customer
1. Feedback request email with NPS question
2. Survey questions (optional), open text feedback field to generate 1st-party reviews for your website
3. Customers are asked for a 3rd-party online review, unhappy customers are asked for more information on what went wrong, so you can follow up. Unhappy customers are also given the option to leave a 3rd-party review, to be in compliance with Google's review gating policies.
Primary Focus: A quick process to request a 3rd-party review on Google, Facebook or other online sites after capturing Net Promoter Score.
Secondary Focus: With an option to have a “Direct Feedback” button on the review request landing page, you can capture 1st-party reviews to display on your website. Based on the flow of this mode it will generate more 3rd-party review opportunities than 1st-party reviews (testimonials).
Review Mode is a two-step process for your customer
1. Feedback request email with NPS question, so you can capture your NPS score right away
2. Happy customers are asked for a 3rd-party online review with an option to show a button for “Direct Feedback” to generate 1st-party reviews as well. Unhappy customers are asked for more information on what went wrong, so you can follow up. To be in compliance with Google's Review gating policies, third party review sites are also displayed, but less prominently.
Primary Focus: Review requests for 3rd-party and 1st-party reviews in the very first feedback request email. (There is no NPS question first in this mode.)
Secondary Focus: If the consumer chooses to leave direct feedback, you can capture all of the customer experience data from Ultimate Mode. NPS, survey questions (optional and activated from Ultimate Mode) and 1st-party reviews. Happy customers at the end of leaving Direct Feedback will be asked again for a 3rd-party review.
Tip! With the review requests right up front, we strongly suggest that you first understand your customer’s satisfaction with your service or product. We recommend you run Ultimate or Review Mode first and capture NPS over time to ensure the vast majority of your customers are happy. Our rule of thumb is Direct Mode is perfect for a business with a NPS over 80.
Direct Mode is a one-step process, as the review request is right in the first email to the consumer.
Direct Mode has two different options when setting up the initial email.
- You can select the order of your 3rd-party reviews site buttons and the 1st-party review site button. Selecting “top” will put the “Give Feedback” button at the top of the template, selecting “bottom” will put it below the 3rd-party review site buttons.
- You can also turn off "Show Online Review Links" & "Show Give Feedback Button".