This guide to the Reputation Builder will show you how to setup projects, search for citations, interpret results, and use each feature.
- SETTING UP YOUR BUSINESS
- CHOOSE YOUR REVIEW WEBSITES
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR FEEDBACK EMAILS AND LANDING PAGES
- FEEDBACK SETTINGS
- ALERTS AND NOTIFICATIONS
- SMS SETTINGS
- ADD YOUR EMAIL LIST OF CUSTOMERS
Overview of the Process
This diagram outlines the touch points the Reputation Builder provides for communicating with your customers. It is made up of a combination of email and landing pages.
1 SETTING UP YOUR BUSINESS
Add Your First Business Location
The Reputation Builder starts with creating a profile for a business location. If you are a single location business, then just adding your location is all you need. If you have more than one location, you will need to create a business location for each profile (this is because each location will have it’s own data and online review profiles). Here’s how to add your business locations:
If you are a single location business, then just adding your location is all you need. If you have more than one location, you will...
1. Go to https://accounts.whitespark.ca/ and Log In
2. Click on THE REPUTATION BUILDER icon in your Whitespark dashboard.
3. Click ADD A BUSINESS.
4. Complete the business information and click LAUNCH THE REPUTATION BUILDER.
5. Go to ACCOUNT/BUSINESS DETAILS.
6. Select the BUSINESS TYPE that most accurately describes your business. Either start typing in your business type, and select one of the options that populates, or click the drop down arrow to see all available business types. These selections are part of your Testimonial Widget and code installation, and provide SEO benefits.
If you have multiple business locations, repeat this process and add each location to the
Reputation Builder platform.
2 CHOOSE YOUR REVIEW WEBSITES
Select the online review websites you want to direct positive customers to write a review on. Keep in mind you will need to set these review sites FOR EACH LOCATION, as each location will have a different profile link on the sites to leave reviews specific to that location/profile.
You can vary review sites per each location, you can add or delete review sites at any time and you can also re-order them at anytime (just drag and drop).
1. Select the location you want to add review sites for, unless you have just one location; in this case, then you will already be in that location.
2. Select SETTINGS on the main menu and then select ONLINE REVIEW LINKS from the drop down menu.
3. Select the review site you want to add from the drop down, and click ADD PROFILE.
4. Go to a new window or tab in your Internet browser and go to the profile page of your business on that site. Copy/paste the URL of that profile/listing into the review profile you selected in the Reputation Builder.
3 CUSTOMIZE YOUR FEEDBACK EMAILS AND LANDING PAGES
These are the emails your customers will receive once you enter their contact details into the customer dashboard. The emails contain standard texts and images but don’t be afraid to make edits and showcase the unique voice of your business location.
You will notice the email content has “tags” in certain spots. They are content highlighted in blue. These “tags” will pull content/information from the platform. We recommend not changing these unless you are positive you know what you are changing. For example, removing the [business name] tag in an email will cause your location name to not display. If you have any questions about these tags, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be glad to help you.
Customize Your Emails
1. Click SETTINGS and then select EMAIL TEMPLATES in the drop down.
Feedback Request Email
This is the first communication to your customer, once you add their email address to the Reputation Builder. This initial email thanks your customer for their business and asks them to give you feedback. Review this text, and use it “as-is” or edit the content as you wish.
Positive Feedback Email
This email is a follow-up email AFTER the customer has left you a positive rating and feedback. Review this text and use it “as-is” or edit the content as you wish. You have the ability to turn this email on or off, and control the timing.
Negative Feedback Email
This email is a follow-up after a poorly rated experience on the rating and feedback page. Review this text and use it “as-is” or edit the content as you wish.
There are templates for a FIRST REMINDER EMAIL and a SECOND REMINDER EMAIL. Both can be turned on or off, and you can control when it is sent out after your initial feedback request email.
Feedback Request Sender Email
This field is pre-populated with the account owners email to show who the feedback request email is coming from.
Add Your Logo to Your Emails, as it will be displayed in all customer communications. We’ve found that adding a logo increases response rates. Max width of the logo file is 260 pixels.
Email Picture. This 160x160 photo will show in the right rail of the feedback request email. If you do not add one, a map of your location will display. We’ve found that adding a picture of you or your staff makes the email more personal and increases response rates.
4 FEEDBACK SETTINGS
The Feedback settings page has many options to help you customize the feedback process. As this is intended to be a Quick Start guide we will not cover them all, but there are additional details in the Reputation Builder FAQs or email us at email@example.com with any questions.
Click SETTINGS, then FEEDBACK SETTINGS in the drop down.
1. Feedback Page Call to Action – This is the title displayed on the feedback page. You can write something that catches your customer’s attention, or you may leave it blank.
2. Positive Feedback Page – This page displays for users that rate you a “7” or higher and asks them to REVIEW YOU ONLINE.
3. Negative Feedback Page – This page displays for customers rating you “6” or lower and asks for more feedback so you can follow up with them.
4. Repeat Customer Feedback - This section allows you to control if and when the tool sends out additional feedback requests to repeat customers. Constantly sending the same email to a customer who frequents your business regularly will likely be annoying. You can enter the amount of days you want the tool to block repeat customers. For example, if you only want a repeat customer to get a second feedback request after 30 days, you can enter that in the box under “Repeat Customer Feedback Threshold”
5. Include Links To Review sites and Show Descriptive Text Next To Online Review Links is checked by default.
6. Positive Feedback Page Threshold – We set this at “7”, meaning all customers rating you a “7” or higher will be asked to review you online, those rating you a “6” or lower will be asked what could have been better. We choose this setting based on the Net Promoter Score levels.
7. Feedback URL – This short link can be used to land customers directly on your feedback page. Many businesses include this link on a web page, in their email signature, on printed postcards, or any existing communications they already have going out to your customers.
5 ALERTS AND NOTIFICATIONS
1. Click SETTINGS and then NOTIFICATION SETTINGS in the drop down.
Send Feedback Alert Notifications
This determines who receives the emails when your customers leave you feedback via the Reputation Builder platform. You are the account owner and business owner. (You can set–up additional users in the system for staff/team members)
Our initial recommendation is that you receive all feedback, so BOTH POSITIVE and NEGATIVE is checked.
Send New Online Review Alerts
This field is to designate who receives email alerts when we detect new online reviews on sites like Google, Yelp, etc. You can add more than one email address to this field, just separate them by commas.
Send Performance Report
We deliver your performance report to your email inbox weekly or monthly (your choice). Enter the email(s) you want to receive the report. You can also access this report at anytime in the platform by clicking on REPORTS menu, and then by clicking on PERFORMANCE REPORT.
6 SMS SETTINGS
If you are subscribed to the Pro or Executive subscription, don’t forget to adjust your SMS SETTINGS. This allows you to control the message content your customers will receive if you decide to send them the feedback requests through SMS instead of email.
7 ADD YOUR EMAIL LIST OF CUSTOMERS
The Reputation Builder offers many different ways to acquire feedback from your customers.
1. Select CUSTOMER DASHBOARD.
The most common way is to use your customer’s email address or phone number to ask them for feedback. To upload a list, click IMPORT CUSTOMERS.
To upload a list, create a simple spreadsheet with customer email addresses with three columns in an Excel Spreadsheet or CSV file.
Once you have added a list of emails, you will want to set Automatic Mode to send them out. Click on the COMMUNICATION METHOD link in the upper right of the Customer Dashboard.
Change the setting from MANUAL to AUTOMATIC. Set the number of emails to be sent per day.
• Average of 150 customers/emails per month, set to 5 per day.
• Average of 450 customers/emails per month, set to 15 per day.
*** DO NOT send out all of your requests in one day (our setting helps regulate this). This approach will hamper the dates on your Testimonial Widget display and can also trigger filtering by the online review sites like Google, Facebook and Yelp when multiple reviews show up on one day. The search engines and review sites are looking for a slow, steady and natural flow of reviews, otherwise they get suspicious and start filtering them.
Add a Single Customer
To add a single customer, select ADD CUSTOMER from the Customer Dashboard. Add their first name, last name, email address and then check “Send feedback request immediately”.
Add the customer’s FIRST NAME, LAST NAME, EMAIL, and PHONE NUMBER (phone number is optional but you’ll need this if you choose to send out a feedback request via SMS).
If you have a Pro subscription, you’ll be able to select whether you want EMAIL or SMS as your COMMUNICATION PREFERENCE.
You’re Up and Running! What’s Next?
We’ve covered the basics to have you up and running with The Reputation Builder. We’re hoping this Quick Start Guide will help you build better relationships with your valuable customers. Following the tips in this guide will help you get feedback from your customers that you can use as Testimonials on your website, and build a steady flow of online reviews on the major online review sites as well.
Some Next Steps to Explore
• Make sure you are getting all of your customers into the platform.
• Explore combining multiple methods for reminding customers to give you feedback by using email, text, a handout, the short URL and personal asks.
• IMPORTANT: Once customers have provided feedback through The Reputation Builder, install/embed the Testimonial Widget on your website.
• Share your Performance Reports with your staff to involve everyone in customer satisfaction and online reviews.
Have more questions? We’ve Got Answers. We hope this guide has you up and running in less than an hour in our platform.
When you are ready to learn more, dig deeper or maybe are in need of further education on our platform visit our Help Center.
We’re here to help. If you need anything, you can contact our support team directly at:
CAN 1 (877) 336-3505