Why Send Feedback Requests Via SMS Text Message
Text messages are opened at a 98% rate – more than twice the open rate of email requests through the Reputation Builder (email is typically 40%-50% open rate). The combination of a higher open rate and mobile-friendliness will lead to more feedback, data and reviews for your business.
When sending a feedback request to your customer via text message using SMS Requests the text includes a link to your selected Request Mode that your customer can click to complete the feedback process. There are two types of SMS Requests available:
1. SMS Request (Short Message Service - No Image)
- SMS requests are text only
- 160 character limit (The Feedback URL, customer name, and “unsubscribe” text, have automatically been deducted from the total character count.)
- Requires 1 credit to send
2. MMS Request (Multimedia Message Service)
- MMS requests include an image
- 240 character limit (he Feedback URL, customer name, and “unsubscribe” text, have automatically been deducted from the total character count.)
- Requires 2 credits to send
- For best results: use an image with a file size under 4.5MB. The following image formats are supported: PNG, JPEG & GIF
How-to Customize Your SMS/MMS Templates
You can customize your SMS templates, to best fit your business. This post shows you how to edit your SMS templates.
1. Log in via https://rb.whitespark.ca/ and select the business you want.
2. Click Requests > SMS Requests
3. Determine which type of message you want to send - SMS or MMS. If you wish to send an MMS, you need to upload a logo image. You can switch between the two formats at any time.
4. Make your desired changes in the message box. To add a tag to the message, click the blue [$] icon on the editor and choose your desired tag. Don't forget to save your changes!
Tip! If you do not include the Feedback URL in your message, customers can only reply directly to your text message. You'll receive their feedback in an email, but the customer won't go through the feedback process.